Ross Commons looking for Alto and Bass

  • Deborah Learner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      Please post the following announcement for an alto and bass to sing with Ross Commons. Thank you, Deborah Learner
      Ross Commons, a group of about 10 people and homebased in San Anselmo, Marin County, is looking for an additional alto and bass. We would like singers who read music and can work independently while performing. We meet most every Wednesday in San Anselmo. We sing a varied repertoire of music that spans the 1930's thru 1970's in the styles of swing, pop and jazz. Our harmonies are enhanced with choreography, costuming and props and always spiced up with a touch of mischief.
      We have entertained at clubs, conventions, fairs, celebratory functions, fund raisers, private parties and concerts directed and produced by the group. We are also regularly invited to perform for various hospitals, retirement communities and care centers under the auspices of Bread & Roses.
      Although our members come from varied walks of life as well as musical backgrounds, we all share the common passion for making music and having a good time. We sing under the direction of George Wallace. If you are interested in singing with Ross Commons, please respond to Deborah Learner -415-479-4033 or e-mail: DLearner@....