Solstice concert 2/9 San Geronimo

  • Becca Burrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      Solstice Returns to San Geronimo

      San Geronimo Valley Community Center
      Saturday, February 9th, 8:00 PM
      Price: $15/adults, $12/seniors, $8 kids
      Directions: http://www.sgvcc.org/contact/address.html

      Tickets are moving so get yours and rock out to Bjork
      and the Bangles, Swoon with Palestrina and Piaf, Fly
      to Finland and generally travel around the world,
      through the ages via many genres! Solstice concerts
      at San Geronimo sell out, there is a buzz and looks
      like we are getting two articles about it in local
      papers so advance ticket purchase is recommended.

      Solstice will select a repertoire from 16 languages
      and 9 centuries including world, folk, pop, classical
      and more. With selections ranging from Finnish,
      Macedonian & Japanese, Folk, Bluegrass, and Jazz as
      well as music from Palestrina, Joni Mitchell, Aretha
      Franklin, Edith Piaf and Bjork including original
      arrangements and original music, the 12-year old
      ensemble keeps stretching their limits.

      “Our audiences have been enthralled by Solstice,” says
      Community Center event programmer Hannah Doress, “I’m
      proud to have introduced them to our community and I’m
      frankly amazed at how they have reached a completely
      new level of musicianship this year.” Solstice has
      also reached a new level of visibility and recognition
      – first winning the 2007 San Francisco Regional
      Harmony Sweepstakes a cappella competition and award
      for best original arrangement (for Becca Burrington’s
      arrangement of Joni Mitchell’s song Blue) in San
      Francisco and then placing third at the national
      Harmony Sweeps which took place in San Rafael in a
      packed Civic Center auditorium this May. Not content
      to rest on these laurels the hard-working group hit
      the studio and is just completing their new album.
      While the CD will not be pressed in time for the Marin
      performance, attendees will receive free shipping for
      any CDs they order.

      This event has a high likelihood of selling out again
      and we recommend, but do not require, advance ticket
      purchase. Adult tickets are $15 by cash or check.
      Children who enjoy quietly watching concerts are
      welcome. The Community Center now accepts credit card
      over the phone; there will be a small additional fee
      for credit card orders) Please call 415-488-8888 or
      visit www.sgvcc.org for more information.

      Solstice website: www.solsticesings.com

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?