TENOR Auditions with Sacred & Profane

  • Sacred Profane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      SACRED & PROFANE, a 24-32 voice chamber chorus, under
      the direction of Rebecca Petra Naomi Seeman, currently
      is auditioning TENORS.

      Rehearsals are on Monday evenings 7:30-10 PM, Ridgeway
      at Piedmont Avenue in Oakland; concerts are performed
      in San Francisco and Berkeley. Our innovative
      programming includes a varied repertoire of sacred and
      secular works from the Medieval through Contemporary
      periods drawing from classical, ethnic and folk
      traditions.

      Our remaining 2007-2008 season, "A year of contrasts: Light and
      Dark, Birth and Death, War and Peace" includes:

      February 29, 30
      Birth and Death - Works celebrating springtime,
      including Britten's flower songs and Chapman's Due
      North, as well as Herbert Howell's beautiful Requiem.

      May 16, 17
      War & Peace - Music of war by Jannequin, Monteverdi,
      Poulenc and others. Music celebrating peace by Rossi,
      Sch├╝tz, Stravinsky, Barber and others. Our year
      culminates with the performance our first commission,
      a setting of a Petrarch poem on peace by local
      composer Loretta Notareschi.

      To arrange an audition, send us an EMail, with a brief
      description of your interest and experience to:
      scrdprofane@....

      Learn more about us at: http://www.sacredprofane.org