Cantabile Chorale Winter 2008 Auditions - Jan 7

  • Loretta Guarino Reid
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2007
      Cantabile Chorale, under the direction of Sanford Dole, is holding
      auditions on Jan 7 for singers for our March Concert Series. Performances
      are March 14-15-16 in San Francisco, Campbell and Palo Alto.

      Rehearsals are help Monday nights from 7:30-10:00 pm at First United
      Methodist Church, Palo Alto.

      Contact Loretta Reid at ChoraleAuditions@... or 650-493-6012 to
      schedule an audition. There are openings for all voices. Tenors especially
      needed.

      You will be asked to sing a prepared piece of any style that shows your
      vocal ability and musicality (a classical selection is preferred), and also
      do some vocalizing and sight-reading. The audition lasts 10-12 minutes. An
      accompanist will be provided.

      You can find audition information on the Cantabile website,
      http://cantabile.org/chorale/audition.shtml .

      March Program:
      In Praise of Mary
      An Incomplete Musical History of Marian Devotions

      Dufay: Ave Regina caelorum
      Victoria: Regina caeli
      Lassus: Salve Regina
      Buxtehude: Magnificat
      Schubert: Ave Maria
      Brahms: Der J├Ąger
      Brahms: Ruf zur Maria
      Bruckner: Tota pulchra es
      Rachmaninov: Bogoroditsye (from Vespers)
      Poulenc: Salve Regina
      Ferko: Motet for the Nativity of the Mother of God
      Ferko: Motet for Mary, Mother of God
      Ferko: Motet for the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
      Tavener: Magnificat
      Victoria: Ave Maria