Singing Renaissance and Medieval Music with Mostly Motets in San Francisco

  • stevemoore95402
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2007
      Mostly Motets is holding a get-acquainted rehearsal on Sunday
      afternoon, December 2nd in San Francisco. We plan to have just one
      more after that before we begin regular rehearsals in the second half
      of January 2008. If you are interested in joining a small ensemble
      that sings early sacred music, this is a great opportunity to enjoy
      singing some extraordinarily beautiful music and learn more about the
      ensemble.

      Mostly Motets is a small vocal group that sings works by popular High
      Renaissance composers (Tallis, Byrd, Victoria, Palestrina, etc.) as
      well as less-often performed earlier music (Dufay, Desprez, Fry,
      Ockeghem, chant, Middle English songs, etc.). In addition to the
      existing ensemble in Santa Rosa, California, a new ensemble is being
      formed to rehearse and perform at a great venue in San Francisco.
      The Santa Rosa and San Francisco ensembles will both sing the same
      genre of music with the same director; however, they will rehearse
      and perform separately in their respective cities. More information
      about Mostly Motets is available at www.MostlyMotets.com and details
      about the San Francisco ensemble are at
      www.MostlyMotets.com/Visitor/Membership/SanFrancisco.

      Rehearsal attendance is by invitation, based on experience or an
      audition. Our next audition date is November 25th. For more details
      or to arrange to audition or attend one of the rehearsals, please see
      the web site and contact Steve Moore as soon as possible at (707) 575-
      7400.