HouseBlend's Christmas CD Release Concert December 1, 2007

  • HouseBlend Quartet
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2007
      Be sure to Join HouseBlend at a concert celebrating the release of our new Christmas CD, "Merrily Christmas" on Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. This gala event will be held at Cue Productions' cozy nightclub venue located at 1835 Colfax in downtown Concord.

      In our first set we'll perform what has clearly been our audiences' most beloved non-Christmas selections over the past nine years. These selections will feature our first tenor Bill DeGarmo as Mighty Mouse (not in tights, thank goodness), a San Francisco version of the Zombie Jamboree while sporting those scary "Scream" masks, Doug Emigh's memorable rendition of Verdi's "La Donna Mobile" and, many many other favorites.

      Our second set will feature selections from the new CD, including the title song "Merrily Christmas" composed by our own Doug Emigh. A variety of styles will be featured in the Christmas set, including gospel, barbershop, jazz, madrigal, a hymn tune and an unforgettable, and perhaps unforgivable, rendition of J.S. Bach's Fugue in G Minor.

      Admission is FREE, but we request that you bring non-perishable foods which will be donated to the local SHARE food pantry. (We are told they especially need boxed breakfast cereal and baby diapers---sort of a "swaddling clothes" theme, perhaps?)

      We expect a capacity crowd, so arrive early. What better way to kick off your holiday season than with HouseBlend and by bringing some food for the needy? See you there!"