Bass Singer Needed - EARLY MUSIC

  • SFRenaissance Voices
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
      SAN FRANCISCO RENAISSANCE VOICES is currently auditioning for an open position in our bass section. Our positions are paid based on a cut of the house receipts from each performance. You should have experience singing at the professional or "near professional" level and be comfortable singing 2-3 voices to a part. Early music "straight tone" is preferred but not required. Rehearsals are Tuesdays 7-9:30 PM and are held at Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church (1329 Seventh Avenue between Irving and Judah Streets on the NJudah or 6Parnassus Muni line) in San Francisco. We perform in San Francisco and at other Bay Area venues.

      Our 2008 Season includes these performances:

      February 10, 17 & 23 - FEAST for St. VALENTINE
      featuring the music of Orlando di Lassus & others
      Rehearsals 7-9:30 PM – (Tuesdays) Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29; Feb. 5

      April 12 & 19 - FEAST for St. FULBERT des CHARTRES
      featuring the music of Josquin, Crequillon & Mouton
      Rehearsals 7-9:30 PM – (Tuesdays) March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8

      July 26, August 9 & 19 - OPERA EARLY & ANCIENT
      Hildegard von Bingen's – Ordo Virtutum (Play of the Virtues)
      Rehearsals 7-9:30 PM – (Tuesdays) June 3, 10, 17, 24; July 1, 8, 15, 22

      November 1 & 2 - FEAST FOR ALL SOULS
      featuring Brumel's Missa pro defunctis & music by Josquin
      Rehearsals 7-9:30 PM – (Tuesdays) Sept. 23, 30; Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28

      To be considered for an audition, contact us at sfrvoices@... with a brief description about your interest, your voice part, and a description of your singing experience/musical background.

      San Francisco Renaissance Voices, under the direction of Todd Jolly, began in 2004 and has quickly become a favorite of Early Music audiences in the Bay Area. Described as having a sound "something akin to spiritual levitation" (San Francisco Classical Voice) the group has been recognized for its innovative programming and was featured this year in the national magazine "Early Music America". To learn more about us visit: www.sfrv.org.

    • SFRenaissance Voices
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2007
[...]

        Hildegard von Bingen's – Ordo Virtutum (Ritual of the Virtues)