Third Thursday women's open mic Nov. 15

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Join us for the last Third Thursday of 2008!! The women's open mic
      talent showcase is at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club,
      Thurs. Nov.15. We're in the ballroom now with improved space, sound,
      and visibility.

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      Get ready for some amazing talent with our Featured Artist, MARGRIT
      EICHLER. As a singer/songwriter/piano-player/ mad scientist, she is
      best known for her husky-sweet alto, rocking piano, and her
      infectious yet delightfully unpredictable songs. Eichler appears
      both solo and with her band, the San Francisco piano-pop trio True
      Margrit. They are currently at work on their 5th release.

      Also bring your money for some holiday shopping! This month's AIR
      heads (Artists In Residence) are K.C. and Dana selling their latest
      exquisite jewelry designs. Come see why their jewelry business is
      exploding. Also, Rebecca Dixon will be selling her recently
      published lesbian legal suspense novel, Conflict of Interest (and
      hopefully we can persuade her to read from it, too).

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, as either performer
      or audience member. Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs,
      poems, prose, instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.
      Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing, sometimes more in the
      second half if time allows. It is an evening rich with entertainment.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. We have a small sound system and an electric keyboard.

      The Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club is located at 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.

      NOTE: New price is $ 7 at the door. We will be off in December,
      back again in January.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free.