SOPRANO wanted for a cappella jazz quintet . . .

  • Anne Willis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2007
      Were a three-month-old SATBB a cappella jazz quintet, located in the
      San Francisco Bay Area, looking for a soprano who can add her own very
      special sound to our quintet. So far, we have a repertoire of 6-8 songs
      and have already performed three times. We specialize in preserving the
      songs of such popular quartets as The Hi-Los and The Four Freshmen,
      while at the same time embracing the styles of Manhattan Transfer,
      Singers Unlimited and The Swingle Singers.

      We love the songs from the Big Band Era of the 40s, including those
      sung by The Pied Pipers, The Modernaires and The Andrews Sisters. Were
      all consummate group singers, with many years of ensemble experience
      and use entertainment value as a litmus test in selecting our music.

      Because two of our members live four hours distance from each other, we
      meet every Sunday in South San Francisco. Were each responsible for
      learning our own parts on our own time so our rehearsals arent spent
      teaching notes. We're definitely not all work and no play, though, and
      have a lot of fun at our rehearsals, along with creating beautiful
      music. Were all totally committed to our long-range goal of sharing our
      music with as many audiences as our individual schedules will allow.

      If this sounds like the type of group youd enjoy singing with . . . and
      you have the talent and the willingness to work hard to achieve
      something truly unique . . . hop on board! This vocal express is out of
      the station and on its way. So many songs . . . so little time!

      If youre interested, call me at 707-328-1247 or reply to
      loveyincali@....