Schola Cantorum SF Sings Palestrina, Part, and Poulenc This Sunday, Sept. 16, 3 p.m.

  • Amy Cebrian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2007
      Come Join The Schola as we Open our Season with this Fantastic Program.
      Hope to see you all there!!

      Church of the Advent Third Sunday Series presents:

      Schola Cantorum San Francisco
      Jay Moorhead
      *Acting Music Director*

      Sunday September 16, 2007 at 3:00pm
      *Please note new starting time*

      Admission Free!

      Program�

      *MUSIC OF PALESTRINA, POULENC & P*�RT

      *Palestrina**
      *8 Motets from *Canticum Canticorum*

      Osculetur me
      Trahe me post te
      Nigra sum, sed formosa
      Vineam meam non custodivi
      Si ignoras te
      Pulchrae sunt genea tuae
      Fasciculus myrrhae
      Ecce tu pulcher es*

      **Poulenc**
      *Ave Verum Corpus
      Ave Maria from "Dialogue of the Carmelites"
      Quatre petites prieres de Saint Francois d'Assise
      Salve Regina

      *P*�rt
      Magnificat

      Schola Cantorum San Francisco
      Amy Cebrian, Kelsey Linnett, Emily Ryan - *Sopranos*
      Damon English, Daniel Gallisa, Clifton Massey - *Altos*
      Jeffrey Parola, Joseph Sargent, Sam Smith - *Tenors*
      Raymond Martinez, James Monios, Mark Sullivan - *Basses*

      *
      *A Festive Reception follows!

      Church of the Advent of Christ the King
      261 Fell Street (between Franklin & Gough)
      San Francisco
      (415) 431-5439
      The Rev'd Fr. Paul Anthony Burrows,* Rector*
      Paul M Ellison, *Director of Music*
      music@...

      *Schola Cantorum San Francisco*, which was founded in San Francisco in 1998
      by Director Emeritus John Renke, has caught the attention of audiences
      throughout the Bay Area, nationally and internationally. Renowned for its
      brilliant interpretations of Renaissance vocal works, SCSF is equally at
      home with Baroque and Classical styles, up to and including contemporary
      choral works. Between 1998 and 2005, the Schola sang regularly weekly
      services at the National Shrine of Saint Francis of Assisi in San
      Francisco.This mixed-voice ensemble was re-organized in 2005 as an
      independent non-profit corporation, and now offers its treasured gift of
      music for liturgies, concerts, and private events, in addition to providing
      educational and community outreach programs throughout the San Francisco Bay
      Area.The choir's two CDs, Pilgrimage and This Christmas Night, have been
      critically acclaimed internationally, garnering praise for a sound "equal to
      the best of the mixed-voice choirs in Great Britain". A third CD is being
      produced featuring live performances from the 2006-2007 season and will be
      released in September 2007.

      www.scholasf.org