Third Thursday women's open mic 9/20

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2007
      We're back with another great season for 07/08! Join us at Third
      Thursday women's open mic talent showcase at the Montclair Women's
      Cultural Arts Club, Thurs. Sept. 20. We're starting off the season
      with film and laughs.

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome. Due to our
      growing numbers, we will be in the ballroom where everyone can see
      and hear.

      Our featured Artist will be comic and film maker JENNIFER LIN
      delivering a double treat. Also known as the Asian Poster Bride,
      Jennifer has been a hit in a variety of comedy showcases, and been
      featured on TV, radio, and print media as an advocate for Marriage
      Equality. Born in Taiwan, she grew up in Ohio where she learned
      English by watch The Brady Bunch re-runs. She will keep you laughing
      with her comedic insights of how silly things are in real life. As a
      film maker, she will show her short film, "The Essay Assignment"
      about a 14-year-old Asian girl in a conservative town who writes a
      controversial essay for school on same-sex marriage. The film has
      been shown in a number of festivals nationwide and features two of
      K.C. Frogge's songs in the sound track.

      We will also feature YOU, as either performer or audience member.
      Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs, poems, prose,
      instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 9:30 with an
      intermission. We have a small sound system.

      The Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club is located at 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.
      $5 at the door. Thank you for keeping this event scent-free.