Auditions - High Five

  • ST
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 12:03 PM
      High Five A Cappella has two openings, for voice parts:

      Alto
      First Soprano
      (sorry, no Mezzo spots available)

      High Five is a 5-part women's group based on the SF Peninsula. We've
      been performing for 9 years at various types of events (weddings,
      promoted shows, holiday parties, etc.) We sang at the West Coast A
      Cappella Summit in Fall 2006, and were part of the 2006 – 2007 Palo
      Alto Arts Series.

      Ideal candidates will have innate musical ability and the confidence
      to sing their part alone against others. While formal training is a
      plus, it's not required. We're looking for individuals who are
      excited about joining a small group and are willing to make a commitment.

      Our repertoire is eclectic (classical, pop, jazz standards), and our
      sets are tailored to the occasion we're performing at. Rehearsals are
      weekly on Wednesdays from 6:30pm – 9:00pm in Belmont. We usually
      perform 10-15 times per year, and we typically have a very busy
      holiday season.

      To hear samples of our music, please visit
      http://www.highfivemusic.com/Repertoire.html
      To read a recent feature about us in the Palo Alto Weekly
      http://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/story.php?story_id=4179

      While High Five is not a full-time group, we take music seriously and
      strive to sound the best we can. Rehearsals are productive as well as
      fun, and we're all in the group because we love to sing.

      Please visit http://www.highfivemusic.com/auditions for our audition
      application.

      Thank you!
      High Five