San Francisco Choral Artists Auditions for 2007-08 Season

  • sarahvardigans
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2007
      SAN FRANCISCO CHORAL ARTISTS, Magen Solomon, Artistic Director
      AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT 2007-08 SEASON

      "Throughout the program, the choir's sound was exquisite, rich, and
      sensuous, with clear diction, beautiful phrasing, and a perfect
      blend." -- Jonathan Russell, San Francisco Classical Voice

      Now in our 22nd. season, San Francisco Choral Artists is a 24-voice,
      semi-professional chamber choir which performs a cappella choral
      music of all periods and specializes in 20th/21st century works. All
      of our concerts include several world premieres, with an emphasis on
      works by Bay Area composers. We combine this wide variety of music in
      fresh and unusual ways, and our thought-provoking performances engage
      the hearts and minds of audiences throughout the Bay Area. PLEASE
      VISIT OUR WEBSITE (WWW.SFCA.ORG) FOR AUDIO CLIPS

      THE SFCA 2007-08 SEASON:

      December 9, 15, 16 2007
      A COZY CHRISTMAS: Traditional and New Holiday Music from around the
      World.

      March 30, April 5, 6 2008
      MUSICAL FEASTS: Songs about Food / Nutrition for the Soul.

      June 14, 21, 22, 2008
      MUSIC OF THE HOLOCAUST: Music, Creativity and Hope in the Midst of
      Despair.

      GUEST CONCERTS: October 20 & 27, 2007; November 2, 2007; OTHER
      CONCERTS TBA

      SINGER INFORMATION:

      INTERESTED SINGERS SHOULD CALL OR E-MAIL IMMEDIATELY

      SINGERS should have extensive choral experience, solo potential,
      excellent reading and musicianship skills, and should be dedicated to
      the art of chamber singing.

      COMPENSATION: Modest compensation offered for rehearsals and
      concerts.

      REHEARSALS: Monday evenings from 7-10 pm in San Francisco.

      PERFORMANCES: Each of three subscription concert sets is performed
      three times (in San Francisco, Oakland, and Palo Alto). There will be
      a few additional performances.

      THE AUDITION includes vocalizing, assessment of vocal instrument and
      aural skills, tonal and atonal sight-reading, 2 prepared works of
      contrasting style and language.

      AUDITION DATES:
      June 12, 13, 14, 2007 in SF and/or East Bay, or by appointment.

      CONTACT INFORMATION:
      (415) 979-5779
      auditions@...
      www.sfca.org
      PMB 344, 601 Van Ness Ave. #E, San Francisco, CA 94102