Need character tenor/actor

  • Ken Malucelli
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      Dear Singing Friends:

      I am in need of a Bay Area based character tenor/actor for a
      performance of "Oh Mr. Sousa!" up in Casper, WY, which involves flying
      out on Wed Sep 26, doing the show on Thu 27, and flying back on Fri 28.
      For a comprehensive overview of the show (audio, video, cast bios,
      reviews, etc), please visit: www.ohmrsousa.com.

      Artist receives pay and is supplied air, ground, shared room, and
      dinner.

      Ideal candidate should be in his 30s-40s (needs to play youngish and
      middle aged), be very animated and have an upbeat attitude.

      Tenor is in 5 fun scenes of dialog (including the two longest scenes);
      has solos in both the SATB a cappella number near the end of Act I and
      the Act I finale; and sings ensemble in both acts' finales. It�s a
      wonderful show that has received raves from coast to coast (fine arts
      subscription series market; guaranteed fees).

      Music is similar to G&S: very singable, easy to learn, period stuff,
      c/1900, etc. The (22-pc. concert) band is the actual star of the show
      and is situated on stage. All the vignettes are acted out either to
      the sides or in front of the band, or as cross-overs. Basically, it's
      pretty much: walk on; say your lines; walk off. There's a wee bit of
      very simple choreo (marching in single file), and some hand/arm
      movements in both acts; other than that, zip.

      Need own tux. All other props and costume accessories supplied.

      Rehearsals are minimal and pretty much at your convenience (a couple of
      1-on-1�s with me, before a full-cast rehearsal, right before we leave).

      All interested parties please respond via e-mail only.

      Best,
      KM