VOCAL FLIGHTS starts again in 2 weeks...
- **VOCAL FLIGHT: vocal improvisation for those whose who like to fly!
(and non-style specific, too)
Beginning May 31st and ends July 19th
Thursdays 6:15 to 7:45 pm for 8 WEEKS.
$195 for series or $35 drop-in.
(Based on the approaches and techniques developed for the
groundbreaking 17-person "Mirabai Ensemble").
* VOCAL FLIGHT *
As an improviser, isn't it time for you to build a huge vocabulary of
colors and techniques? You've seen other vocalists turn melodies
'inside-out', improvise new lyrics, impersonate different instruments,
and create magic with the top and bottom of their range. Right?
* Deep Groove / Syncopation / Polyrhythms / Vocal Percussion
(via West Africa)
* How To Solo / How To Accompany (via jazz & pop)
* Group Counterpoint (via "Circle Singing" & classical)
* Scales & Modes (via North Indian Raga)
* Stories Into Songs / Improvised Lyrics (via theatre improvisation)
VOCAL FLIGHT will build your skills from the 'ground up' and show
you how to practice more creatively and effectively... It will also
fear out of improvising in front of others and inspire anyone who you
make music with!
STUDIO : in Berkeley fully-equipped w/ generous PA/ mics, percussion,
& grand piano
CONTACT : Michael Smolens
I've facilitated these games and techniques at the A Capella Summit,
College of Marin, City College of S.F., Sue Walden's "Flash Family"
and the "Firedance" & "SpiritFire" magical arts festivals.
"Practicing Is Spirit Made Visible"...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]