Date correction for open mic: 5/17

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2007
      Sorry, everyone. Third Thursday is next Thurs., May 17.

      Janet

      Join us Thursday, MAY 17, for Third Thursday women's open mic talent
      showcase night at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club.

      All women are welcome.

      Our featured guest will be the fabulous AMY MEYERS. She has been in
      the San Francisco Bay Area Music scene since 1991. In that time, she
      has released CDs with The Plain Folk Band, Rick Cuevas, and 6 solo
      CDs. Her CD releases have had songs featured on the radio throughout
      the nation, won awards from West Coast Songwriters Association, and
      put her in the finals for the Lilith Fair Talent Search Competition.
      One song caught the attention of Austin, Texas' SARA HICKMAN who
      recently licensed "GOOD" from Amy's 2004 CD Strange & Beautiful to
      appear on Sara's latest CD, Motherload. Her latest CD, Trains and
      Hens, is a Children's CD featuring 19 traditionals arranged in Amy's
      pop/rock/folk style that have been a hit with both adults and the
      kids. Train and Hens "includes a headbanger's rendition of Twinkle
      Twinkle Little Star." - Erika Milvy freelance writer for SF
      Chronicle. Amy has been working on a new CD of her originals
      scheduled to be released in 2008.

      Our Artists in Residence for this month will be K.C. Frogge and Dana
      Klebes selling their latest jewelry collections.

      We will also feature you, as either performer or audience member.
      Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs, poems, prose,
      instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 9:30 with an
      intermission. We have a piano. Our salon room is acoustical, but
      you can bring an amp or cd/tape player to plug in.

      Join us at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.
      $5 at the door.