Schola Cantorum San Francisco presents Come My Beloved

  • Amy Cebrian
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2007
      *FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

      * *

      *Schola Cantorum San Francisco presents Come My Beloved*

      Schola Cantorum San Francisco, under the direction of John Renke, will be
      concluding its 2006-2007 season with Come My Beloved, a unique collection of
      old and new love songs. This program features rarely-heard choral
      masterpieces based on biblical texts from the Song of Solomon. The concerts
      will include selections by Renaissance composers De Rore, Palestrina,
      Nanino, and Di Lasso as well as more recent works by Poulenc, Durufle,
      Rorem, Willan, Bairstow, and Thomason-Redus.

      Performances will be presented in the following locations:

      Saturday, May 12, 2007, 8 PM

      St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 2300 Bancroft Way, Berkeley

      Sunday, May 13, 2007, 4 PM

      Mercy Center, 2300 Adeline Drive, Burlingame

      Schola Cantorum San Francisco is an a cappella mixed-voice choir
      specializing in Renaissance polyphony. SCSF has performed throughout the
      San Francisco Bay Area since 1998, and was the long-time resident choir at
      the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi.

      Tickets are available online at: www.scholasf.org $20 General, $15
      Student, $10 Senior

      Contact:

      ScholaSF