Auditions: Jazz vocal octet, SF

  • Jackie Pettus
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Auditions

      The High Seas Jazz Vocal Octet

      The High Seas is a San Francisco-based all woman jazz vocal octet
      directed by Sandy Cressman and sponsored by the St. Francis Yacht Club.
      We're a tight-knit, fun-loving group which performs
      challenging, original SSAA arrangements of standard and "not so
      standard" jazz tunes.
      We perform both a cappella and accompanied (piano or trio), at
      numerous Bay Area and St. Francis Yacht Club events.
      We rehearse Monday evenings, 7-9 p.m. at the Yacht Club, on the San
      Francisco Marina.
      Positions available are soprano 1, soprano 2, alto 1 and accompanist.
      Singers should have a love of jazz, sight reading ability, excellent
      pitch, stage presence and be able to sing without vibrato.
      We're looking for a good blend with the group, vocal and otherwise.
      Auditions will be held by appointment in May, until all positions are
      filled.
      To help with preparation, candidates will be provided beforehand with
      the score and recordings of two tunes they will sing with the group
      at the audition.

      For more information visit our website: http://www.hiseas.org/
      or contact Jackie Edenholm Pettus:
      mailto:jackie.pettus@..., (415) 221-3518.