Songs of Peace on Saturday March 10 in SF

  • Marlene McCall
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      Songs of Peace on March 10

      A very special show is in store for the San Francisco Folk Music Club's
      next Hootenanny. This event will feature and celebrate songs of peace --
      peace in the world, peace in our communities, peace in our hearts. The
      air will ring with songs that inspire a desire for peace, protest
      against those who wage war, promote peace and tolerance among us, and
      pull people together in action for peace. Come raise your voices to
      sing along with classic peace songs & anti-war songs, and also be
      inspired by new songs from today's songwriters carrying on this most
      important aspect of the folk tradition.

      Who: Over 30 Bay Area musicians
      Where: International Cafe, 508 Haight St. (near Fillmore) in San Francisco
      When: Saturday, March 10, 2007, from 7:00-10:30
      Cost: Free!

      Parking can be challenging, so carpooling and using public transit are
      encouraged. Also, the earlier you come, the easier the parking, so
      think about coming at 6:00 instead of 7:00 and have dinner from the
      International Cafe's great selections.

      Come join us!