Women & Song Winter Session

  • DJ Hamouris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      WOMEN & SONG, a singing group

      Winter to Spring SESSION:
      January 4th to March 22nd
      Finale on Saturday, March 24th
      Thursdays, 7:00-8:30pm

      Songs of Women's Culture ‹
      Heart & Humor; High & Lofty; Down & Dirty; Real Life & Magical Reality.

      Join this fun group of women, singing together to strengthen our voices and
      spirits! We will learn some easy tunes & rounds, focusing on good technique
      and building harmony skills. Sessions include warm-ups, vocal harmony
      exercises, and lots of spirited laughter.

      Director Deborah "DJ" Hamouris has sung all her life and taught music for 20
      years. She holds a BA in music, with an emphasis in vocal studies. Founder
      of two community choirs, DJ now teaches private voice & mountain dulcimer
      lessons, as well as performing jazz & folk music around the Bay Area.

      Now meeting at Epic Arts Teahouse
      1923 Ashby Ave., Berkeley, CA
      (across from the Ashby BART station)

      $18-$8 per meeting, sliding scale