VOCAL JAZZ GROUP LOOKING FOR SINGERS

  • stan69er1000
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2006
      Eight member ensemble currently has openings for one bass and one alto.
      Our style ranges from modern jazz to crossover pop. We perform both a
      cappella and with a 3 piece combo. Our focus is on commercial gigs and
      recordings, supported by occasional stage performances.
      To qualify, you must be a good sight reader, and have a satisfactory
      understanding of music terminology and jazz theory. You should be able
      to understand and perform complex rhythms and counter-melody patterns,
      and be able to hear and sing close intervals in tune.
      In addition, be a team player, contribute to the group, and be willing
      to make a serious commitment to learning your music, and be regular in
      attendance at rehearsals and gigs.
      Above all, be congenial.
      If you are ready to be challenged and wish to be a part of a
      professional group, please contact us. We go dark as of Dec 22, and
      will resume rehearsals in mid-January. We are located in Sacramento.