Singing for Your Life, 12/30/06

  • Deborah Hamouris
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2006
      Dear Singers,

      This year marks the 5th annual Singing for Your Life event here
      in Oakland! December 30th is a Saturday this time around, so
      we hope to have a bumper crop of participants and audience
      from noon to midnight. If you haven't made it, yet, this is the year
      to cash in on the energy that has built up since this event's East
      Bay inception.

      We've got a terrific line-up of leaders -- still being pinned down
      but currently including Sunshine Becker, Bryan Dyer, David
      Worm & Linda Tillery. The final line-up will be announced before
      the event.

      As always, I'm looking for some dedicated singers who are
      willing to sign up for 2-hour slots throughout the day. Any
      self-described singers are welcome to sign up from noon-2pm,
      2-4pm, 4-6pm, 6-8pm, 8-10pm, or 10pm-midnight. This is a
      volunteer gig. Remember, the singing never stops! All ages are
      welcome. Entire choirs or singing groups are encouraged to
      sign up for the same slot -- always a fun thing to do together.

      Again we'll have East Bay Food Not Bombs providing some
      warm & filling food, In-Touch Community Fundraising will be
      doing chair massage (donating their fees to Arts First Oakland
      and other community charities), and we'll have participatory
      altars with the theme "Peace in All Directions".

      Here are all the details (please forward at will):

      Arts First Oakland presents
      Our 5th Annual
      Singing for Your Life
      12/30/06, noon to midnight
      Led by SoVoSo, Linda Tillery & friends
      First Congregational Church of Oakland
      2501 Harrison St. @ 27th
      Oakland, CA
      Suggested donation $10 and up

      Join the circle! Arts First Oakland invites singers and listeners
      alike to join members of SoVoSo for our annual twelve-hour
      Circlesinging celebration. Sing out the old year or just relax and
      listen to the continuous, spontaneous song of release &
      renewal.

      Local artists will create altar installations on the theme "Peace in
      All Directions" to adorn our singing space, offering opportunities
      for thoughtful participation. Throughout the day, people will
      come and go, sing and meditate, gather and reflect.

      All ages and all levels of singing ability are welcome!

      Refreshments provided by East Bay Food Not Bombs.
      Chair Massage available from In Touch Community
      Fund-raising.
      For info & to volunteer: 510/444-8511 x15
      info@...
      www.artsfirstoakland.org

      Supported in part by a generous grant from the Clorox Company
      Foundation.

      In Harmony,
      DJ Hamouris
      www.ninshibar.com/Music.htm