San Francisco Lyric Chorus Spring 2007 season

  • Bill Whitson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      The San Francisco Lyric Chorus, under the direction of Robert Gurney,
      invites singers to join us for our Spring 2007 trimester. We have
      openings
      in all parts.

      PROGRAM:

      KALEIDOSCOPE: DIFFERENT CULTURES/DIFFERENT VOICES

      Lee R. Kesselman SHONA MASS
      Lee R. Kesselman THIS GRAND SHOW IS ETERNAL (2006 Lyric Chorus
      commission)
      Juan Pérez Bocanegra HANACPACHAP CUSICUINNIN
      Gaspar Fernandes XICOCHI XICOCHI CONETZINTLE
      Gaspar Fernandes TLEYCANTIMO CHOQUILIYA
      J. David Moore ANNUA GAUDIA
      Chen Yi ARIRANG
      Chen Yi SAKURA
      Zhou Long WORDS OF THE SUN
      Stephen Hatfield NUKAPIANGUAQ
      James Mulholland MY LOVE IS LIKE A RED, RED ROSE
      James Mulholland HIGHLAND MARY

      To arrange for an audition or obtain further information, contact Music
      Director Robert Gurney at 415-775-5111 or rgurney@...

      Rehearsals are held on Monday nights from 7:15-9:45 p.m. at Trinity
      Episcopal Church, Bush & Gough Streets, San Francisco.

      REHEARSALS BEGIN MONDAY, JANUARY 15, 2007

      Chorus fees are $75 per trimester plus music, which will cost
      approximately
      $30 for the Spring 2007 trimester.

      Visit the San Francisco Lyric Chorus website at: http://www.sflc.org

      Founded in March 1995, the San Francisco Lyric Chorus is a diverse
      auditioned chorus comprised of skilled, committed singers who are
      dedicated
      to excellence and expressiveness in the study and performance of choral
      works of all periods. Since 1995, the Chorus' performances have
      featured
      such major works as the Mozart, Brahms, Duruflé, Campra, Victoria,
      Fauré and
      Howells REQUIEMS; Bach's MAGNIFICAT; Mozart's MASS IN C MINOR and MISSA
      SOLEMNIS; Bernstein's CHICHESTER PSALMS and MISSA BREVIS; Schubert's
      MASS IN
      G and DEUTSCHE MESSE; Pärt's MAGNIFICAT, CANTATE DOMINO and BEATITUDES;
      Verdi's FOUR SACRED PIECES; Britten's REJOICE IN THE LAMB, HYMN TO ST.
      CECILIA and FESTIVAL TE DEUM; Lauridsen's LUX AETERNA; Joseph Haydn's
      MASS
      IN TIME OF WAR and HARMONIEMESSE; Dvorák's MASS IN D; Kodály's LAUDES
      ORGANI; Bruckner's MASS NO 1 IN D MINOR; Vaughan Williams' DONA NOBIS
      PACEM
      and FIVE MYSTICAL SONGS, and Bloch's SACRED SERVICE.

      The Chorus' Discovery Series includes our first commissioned work,
      Lee R.
      Kesselman's 2006 composition, THIS GRAND SHOW IS ETERNAL, as well as Amy
      Beach's GRAND MASS IN E FLAT and PANAMA HYMN (written for San
      Francisco's
      1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition), Robert Witt's FOUR
      MOTETS TO
      THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY, and Kirke Mechem's CHRISTMAS THE MORN,
      BLESSED ARE
      THEY, TO MUSIC and selections from his recent operas JOHN BROWN and THE
      NEWPORT RIVALS.