Pacific Mozart Ensemble spirituals concerts 12/3,12/8,12/10

  • Becca Burrington
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      A Story of Freedom
      Told Through Spirituals

      A soundtrack along the path to American freedom. Work
      songs, songs of faith, songs of escape. Songs of
      slaves; hear their stories with Dr. Belva Davis of
      KQED as narrator.

      Sunday, December 3, 2006
      Berkeley City Club
      2315 Durant Ave.
      Berkeley
      5:00 pm
      $25 General
      $15 Student/Senior

      Friday, December 8, 2006
      The Green Room
      San Francisco War Memorial & Performing Arts Center
      401 Van Ness Ave.
      San Francisco
      7:30 pm
      $25 General
      $15 Student/Senior

      We will also be doing some of the songs from our
      concerts plus some Christmas spirituals at the Oakland
      Museum at 3pm. Free!
      Sunday, December 10
      Family Explorations! Winter Festival
      Festival
      1–4 p.m.

      Celebrate diverse winter traditions with a day of
      hands-on Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanzaa activities,
      strolling carolers, and food and fun treats for sale.
      The Pacific Mozart Ensemble will present A Story of
      Freedom Told Through Spirituals for Kwanzaa. Jewelry,
      crafts, and clothing by local artists at a special
      holiday gift sale. Wells Fargo Free Second Sundays. In
      collaboration with DEAF Media.
      http://www.museumca.org/

      tix at www.pacificmozart.org

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com