Seeking Classroom Music & Choir Teacher for SF Elementary-Middle School

  • Ken Malucelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006
      Dear musician friends:

      I'm sending this out for my dear friend Caryn Matter. If you/anyone
      you know fits the bill, please contact her directly at the numbers
      listed below. Do not respond to me, as I have nothing to do with this
      job offer.
      G'luck!
      KM

      - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      St. Finn Barr Catholic school, a K-8 school in San Francisco, is
      looking for a classroom music and choir teacher.  The principal of the
      school has asked me, as a volunteer parent, to help search for a
      teacher. Both my children are enrolled at this little gem of a school.
      This is a paid, part-time teaching position, but I don't know what the
      budget is.  I do know that the principal, faculty and parents are all
      very eager for more music to be included in the curriculum and are
      willing to be as flexible and supportive as possible.

      The school has 1 class per grade, with about 15-25 students per class.
      Current total enrollment is about 139 students.  The principal is
      interested in a teacher who could teach classroom music during the
      school day once or twice a week to all grades, as well as direct the
      children's choir.  The children's choir is open to students from 3rd to
      8th grade; however, right now, it's mostly comprised of 3rd-to-5th
      graders.

      This Catholic school holds a student mass once a week during the school
      day, and so the classroom music/choir teacher would be expected to help
      the children prepare music for that, in addition to teaching general
      music skills.  If you're interested in learning more, or know someone
      who might be, please feel free to contact me.  I can put you in touch
      with the principal for a meeting to discuss details.

      Best regards,
      Caryn Matter
      Wk: 415-743-7890
      Hm: 415-337-1864