LAST CHANCE AUDITIONS for The Merrie Olde Christmas Carolers

  • Greg Casper
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2006
      Hey a cappella singers...

      The Merrie Olde Christmas Carolers, the worlds largest professional a
      cappella Christmas caroling company, is holding auditions for the South Bay
      branch. In order to audition you must live or work in either the 408 or 831
      area codes.

      We are looking for ALL voice parts, male and female. Our music is fun,
      challenging and VOLUMINOUS!

      This is a PAYING gig. What you earn during the season depends on how
      available you are and how much work we get, but you DO make money.

      You should be:

      An excellent singer, with close harmony experience
      Able to hold your own on solos
      A good sightreader
      Excellent pitch
      FUN!

      We have a great group of people singing with us and are looking to add a few
      new voices. Due to an unforseeable delay in our auditions this year, there
      is NOT MUCH time between now and the Christmas season, so being able to
      sightread and learn new music QUICKLY is very important. Our songbook
      consists of 61 songs comprising over 250 pages of music. We perform all over
      the area at malls, corporate events, private parties, tree lighting
      ceremonies... You name it, we've sung there!

      So if you are interested, auditions will take place on one day only...
      Sunday, October 22nd (yes THIS coming Sunday). Appointments will be
      available between 5pm and 8pm and will take about 20 minutes. You will be
      asked to sing two of our pieces WITH us from music I will email you when you
      confirm your appointment. You will also need to sing a solo a cappella
      number of your own choosing. The auditions will take place in south San
      Jose.

      For further information, or to set up your appointment, please call Greg
      Casper at 408.225.5888.

      Thanks. I look forward to meeting you, hearing you sing and hopefully
      inviting you to join us!

      | \
      | /
      / |