Third Thursday women's open mic 10/19

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006
      As the witching hour approaches and the veil starts to lift between
      the worlds, come enjoy an evening of fine talent, Thursday Oct. 19.
      Costumes optional.

      All women are welcome.

      Prepare to laugh as we get tickled by our guests, the great comic duo
      of KAREN RIPLEY and ANNIE LARSON. Famous for her straight-faced one
      liners, Karen has been on the comedy scene since 1977, performing all
      over the US. Her works include song collection "I Survived a Fem,"
      CD's "Born Butch" and "The Lesbian Comedy Collection." Annie has
      been performing since childhood - in San Francisco and Vancouver
      Fringe Festivals, George Coates Performance Works, Venue Nine, the
      Marsh, Women's Comedy radio, and film to name a few.

      Together they sizzle: they both performed with "Over Our Heads"
      improv comedy troupe, in Valerie Solanas' "Up Your Ass" in San
      Francisco, at PS 122 in New York, they received the Best Musical
      Comedy award at the SF Fringe Festival for "Show Me Where it Hurts,"
      and last spring showcased their musical comedy, "Waiting for FEMA" at
      the SF DivaFest.

      We will also feature you, as either performer or audience member.
      Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs, poems, prose,
      instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.

      NEW! Our "Artists in Resdience" evenings will allow women an
      opportunity to sell their art - jewelry, paintings, books, poetry,
      photography, ceramics, clothing, etc. during intermission and at the
      end of the evening. We have space for one or two artists per event.
      Contact host Janet Rachel to sign up. This month K.C. Frogge of KCF
      Designs will sell Pride jewelry and Dana Klebes of DK Designs will
      offer adornments for the well-dressed ear.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 9:30 with an
      intermission. We do not provide a sound system, but you can bring an
      amp or cd/tape player to plug in.

      Join us at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.
      $5 at the door.