Re: please help with names of a capp venues in your area

  • Phil DeBar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25 2:49 PM
      Michael,
      This is a great idea and I apologize for missing your initial post.
      No art exists - or grows, without developing an in-person local
      audience.

      Also: remember that ANY group is welcome to sing on my vocal harmony
      radio shows (see sig at end), to publicize gigs, record releases, etc.
      We've enjoyed recent appearances have been by Vocomotion, and the San
      Jose Choral project. So call me!

      My other contribution is that the June 4 '99 issue of BAM magazine has
      its annual venue boooker directory, with information sorted by city -
      with addresses, managers, booking #s, club & stage capacity, music
      type(s) booked, and other details. There may be venues that don't
      immediately spring to mind, that try to appeal to more than just one
      music-style....or that might be persuaded to try a cappella on an
      early weeknight. Who knows? The growth of acappella depends on such
      unconventional, out-of-the-box thinking....

      If you can't find the issue, remind me of your snailmail address and
      I'll send it.

      Hope you had as good a Father's Day as I did - come visit us and wine
      taste & swim in lovely Sonoma County, OK? ---- phil

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25 3:12 PM
        Oops - here's the details on the radio shows. And another opportunity
        - on October 15, a Friday afternoon from 3-6 pm (peak drive time -
        when people are actually awake) - there will be a special edition of
        the KKUP-FM 91.5 "Human Voice Show" - let's fill the entire slot
        (except for inevitable pledge breaks to pay the rent) with
        acappella!!! Let me know if you and your group want to be radio
        stars!

        KKUP is heard well from Redwood City and Oakland south to San Jose,
        Salinas, and Santa Cruz/Monterey. Here's the details....and always -
        stay TUNED,
        phil
        Phil DeBar phil_debar@...
        host, "A Cappella Radio International" (ARI) - CASA - heard on
        www.spebsqsa.org
        (now on 42 stations worldwide!)
        host, "Human Voice Show" KKUP-FM 91.5 Tues 7-10am , San Jose/Monterey, CA
        host, "Human Voice Connections" KRCB-FM 91.1 alt. Fri 10-12pm, Santa Rosa
        Judge (Singing Category) - SPEBSQSA
        Director - Santa Rosa Redwood Chordsmen Chorus
        (707) 544-8738 1933 Hexem Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95404 USA