Arr! A new arrangement, just in time for Talk Like A Pirate Day

  • Mike Pogue
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2006
      Avast, ye Land Lubbers and Pirates alike!

      As some of ye may know, Sept 19th is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Last year,
      I took one of Orlando di Lasso's famous madrigals (O Occhi Manza Mia),
      and wrote new Pirate words for it.

      Arrr...I think the result is a wee bit more appropriate, matey!

      The resulting arrangement is here:

      http://www.zenstarstudio.com/pirate (Scorch format)
      http://www.zenstarstudio.com/pirate/Arrr_there_ya_are_me_beauty_v1.3.pdf
      (PDF)

      This arrangment (apologies to di Lasso) has proven to be popular two
      years in a row in the Peninsula Harmony (H-arr!-mony) Chorus, so now
      it's time to share it with everybody else.

      Of course, it must be sung in a Pirate voice, not in yer normal madrigal
      voice! So, give it a try, me bucko. (And, remember -- it's not Dress
      Like A Pirate Day, so no eye patches are needed to join in the fun.)

      Enjoy the Arr!-angement,
      Mike