Clockwork: Award Nominations and October Gigs

  • angeladoctor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006
      CLOCKWORK eNewsletter
      Angie Doctor, Eric Freeman, John Paddock, Jim Hale and Stephen Saxon

      *Award Nominations for Clockwork!
      *Gigs in October

      Hi all!

      Although it's been a while since we've sent a note, we've been very,
      very busy since the beginning of summer. We're getting ready to go
      back in the studio for more recording and are marketing ourselves
      like crazy in the next couple of months, trying to get more of those
      great gigs we've had a taste of lately.

      But first!! There is a grassroots-type music award organization
      called Just Plain Folks (JPF), described as the "Grassroots
      Grammys". AND!! They added an a cappella category this year. Guess
      what!? We have 2 songs nominated for best Song in A Cappella
      Performance ("In the Garden of Eden" and "Rhode Island is Famous for
      You") and our CD "Tesseract" is nominated for best A Cappella Album.
      And congratulations to our Bay Area friends SoVoSo for being
      nominated in both categories as well! The awards show is in Santa
      Ana, CA on Saturday, November 4th. We'll let ya know how it turns
      out...more info at www.jpfolks.com

      GIGS!!

      We have a couple in October. I'll be brief (sort of):

      *Friday, Oct 13 at the Jazz School
      2087 Addison, Berkeley 9:00 pm
      Daniel Pearl Music Day event
      www.jazzschool.com

      Using the power of music to promote tolerance and inspire respect for
      differences, Daniel Pearl World Music Days has grown to include
      thousands of performances in over 60 countries. Check out this
      diverse music event, and come hear us at 9 pm. For more information
      about the Daniel Pearl Foundation, check out this
      website: www.danielpearl.org

      *Sunday, Oct 29 at Downtown Restaurant, 2102 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley
      8:00-9:15 pm
      reservations: (510) 649-3810
      www.downtownrestaurant.com

      We're back for a nice set at this lovely restaurant in Berkeley,
      California. We'll do one long set from 8:00 to 9:15, so come on by
      and have dinner or sit at the bar. Or do both! We have new tunes, and
      the stage is in a new place so everyone can see while they are
      dining. Make your reservations early!

      Thank you! We greatly appreciate your support!