Fwd: Congrats 2006 JPF Music Awards A Cappella Nominees

  • Sunshine
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 3:45 PM
      Hey Everyone,

      We were nominated for Best Acappella Album for Bridges and Best Acappella Performance for Boom Baby!

      This is a grassroots organization (just plain folks) I am gonna see about attending the awards show.

      Please share this with all your fans, family and friends, the public can't vote, but can spread the word.

      In the music,

      From: JPFolksPro@...
      Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:43:45 EDT
      Subject: Congrats 2006 JPF Music Awards A Cappella Nominees
      To: JPFolksPro@...

      Hi 2006 A Cappella Nominees,

      I wanted to send notes to each of the A Cappella category nominees to make sure you didn't miss the announcement earlier this week. Email and spam filters sometimes gobble up stuff like this, so in case you missed it, congrats on your 2006 Just Plain Folks Music Awards Nominations. If you're reading this you (or someone you represent) were nominated this year!

      We added A Cappella as a new Genre this year because of the combined talent of all of you blew us away so much we had to give you your own categories for Performance and Albums. (A few of you got additional songwriting and cover nominations as well).

      We're looking forward to meeting some of you at the awards show in November. If you missed the announcements, please take a moment to read the info I included below. It has links to the nominee lists, awards show info and other answers to questions you might have. If I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to email me directly at jpfolkspro@....

      We'll be sending additional emails/updates between now and the awards show on November 4th. And if you can't make the show, we'll post the winners on the website and in the newsletter.

      Congrats again!

      Brian

      Brian Austin Whitney
      Founder
      Just Plain Folks
      www.jpfolks.com
      jpfolkspro@...
      Hi 2006 Just Plain Folks Award Nominees!

      I want to congratulate all of you on receiving nominations in this years JPF Music Awards. In case you missed the announcement earlier this week, we had 25,500+ albums and 350,000+ songs entered for the awards this year (including yours) and we announced nominees in 81 album and 67 song categories. This year's nominees come from over 70 countries around the world and include seasoned well known veterans and some of the best up and coming artists and writers in the music community. We spent 13 months screening all the music 1 song at a time and we couldn't be more proud of and impressed with this year's slate of nominees.

      The Just Plain Folks Music Awards are entirely volunteer run but are already the largest and most diverse music awards of any kind in the world. If you'd like to read a great article on the last awards show/process, here's a link to an Article from Singer Magazine that summarizes what it's all about very well: http://www.jpfolks.com/AwardsArticle.pdf

      Some of you reading this may not be familiar with JPF because a representative or manager entered your music on your behalf. JPF is a 40,000+ member grassroots music organization for artists, songwriters and industry professionals, focused on networking, education, support and the inspiration of our community peers. We're completely free and 100% volunteer run. We started in 1998 with 60 members and have grown to become one of the largest music organizations in the world. We welcome all genres of music, all levels of experience and if you scroll through the categories you'll see we leave practically no stone unturned. Our primary directive to all judges in every round is "Does It Move You?" All music is blind screened and judged solely on it's own merit. Every song and album is listened to throughout each of the 6 rounds it went through to get nominated (Yes, that's a LOT of screening!). The folks nominated this year obviously moved a lot of people! Congrats to
      all of you again.

      Here's some important information for those of you who didn't see our general member email on Monday and may just now be learning about your nomination(s):

      1. Nominations are linked on our home page for Songs, Albums, Videos and Lyrics.
      http://www.jpfolks.com/home.html

      Note: If you think it looks like we had a LOT of nominations, consider that less than 1 in 300 songs got a nomination. In larger categories the number was less than 1 in 1000.

      2. The awards show is scheduled for Saturday, November 4th in Santa Ana, CA. (Near Disneyland). This is the same location we used for the last awards and they treated us all great. Here's a link to ticket info and the schedule: http://www.jpfolks.com/MusicAwards/2006/Reservation.html

      Note: There's no requirement to attend the awards show to win an award. If you win something and aren't present, we will send your trophy to you after the show. That said, it's more fun if you're there and we'd love to meet as many of you in person as possible.

      3. We are starting to book performers for the show. If you are planning to attend and would like to be considered to perform, please email me directly at jpfolkspro@.... In your email please place "Awards Performance" in the subject and include the following:

      1. Your name and your band/artist name (in case their different)
      2. Your phone number
      3. Your website
      4. What categories you were nominated in (some artists/writers got multiple nominations)
      5. What type of performance did you have in mind? (Full band, solo, stage theatrics, full orchestra and choir, exotic mammals juggling nerf balls... you know.. whatever it is that makes you special! = ) )

      We know you're all talented or you wouldn't be nominated. So we're looking to schedule a lot of fun and diversity with some emotion and passion and of course we want everyone to be show stoppers. We've been fortunate enough to present that level of talent each year and we're confident this year will be amazing as well. We plan to schedule 25 artists to perform a song each during the show. We'll be supplying a full backline. So if you're interested in performing, email me and let me know what you'd like to do on the live show.

      4. We are also getting ready to start the final round judging process. We use 3 groups to judge: Industry Professionals, Artist/Songwriter Peers and Music Fans. We welcome all nominees to get involved in the judging process (of categories you're not nominated in of course). We have a few simply guidelines if you'd like to get involved. Here's a link: http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/Forum61/HTML/000097.html We had over 4000 judges involved in the last JPF Awards.

      That's enough info to dump on you for now. If you have any questions like "how in the heck did this happen?" I am happy to answer them personally. Just email me at jpfolkspro@... and make sure you tell me who you are so I know who I am corresponding with.

      Congrats again!

      Brian Austin Whitney
      Founder
      Just Plain Folks