Sunday Sing June 7!!

  • Ken Purchase
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 1998
      Hey Folks!!
      Sunday Sing - Sunday February 1, 1998, 3-5pm, in Mountain View, CA,
      directions below.

      Featured this month will be some more great music, some ad-lib and circle
      singing, and other great fun stuff (like cookies). Many thanks to those of
      you who took the time to send in constructive suggestions - I'll try to
      incorporate them as we go on.

      At the Sunday Sings, we sing from the CASA Songbooks, which include a lot
      of fun stuff, mostly oldies and a cappella standards, and from any other
      music brought in by the organizers or interested singers. There are no
      limits on the genres or styles of music. All are welcome, and the whole
      thing is just for the fun of singing a capella.

      A few dollars may be collected at the door to cover the costs of copying
      music, etc.

      If anyone has any other music you'd like to bring along, please either
      bring 20 copies, or get the music to me for copying.

      Also, many Sunday Singers are getting together to form new groups in the
      south bay area. Email me if you're interested (purchase@...)

      Thanks!
      Ken

      CALENDAR:
      The first Sunday of every month, with the exception of January, July &
      September (second Sunday), as follows:

      Sunday 06/07/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 07/12/98 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to July 4)
      Sunday 08/02/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 09/13/98 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to Labor Day)
      Sunday 10/04/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 11/01/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 12/06/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 01/10/99 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to New year)

      DIRECTIONS:

      Cafe Iris, Building 5 Lower, Silicon Graphics main campus, Mtn View

      From 101S:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd
      turn left at the top of the exit ramp onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 4th stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      From 101N:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd (can be tricky due to the 85 feed)
      turn left at the stop light onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 3rd stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      You can use the following map to get to SGI:
      http://www.sgi.com/Overview/images/campus_map.jpg

    • Ken Purchase
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 1998
        Can you tell who flunked email editing in grade school?

        >Sunday Sing - Sunday February 1, 1998, 3-5pm, in Mountain View, CA,
        >directions below.

        Sorry, of course I meant June 7, this Sunday. See you there.

        Ken

        \\|//
        (O O) Ken Purchase purchase@... (650)965-4832
        Former Director, The Xtension Chords a cappella singers at U. Illinois
        http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/xchords