Montclair Women's open mic is back!

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2006
      We couldn't keep a good thing down... MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR SEPT.
      21 for Third Thursday women's open mic showcase night at the
      Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club.

      All women are welcome.

      We said a fond farewell to our MC of many years, Retts Scauzillo.
      However, she and "Frankie" have passed the baton to Janet Rachel and
      a capable posse of women to keep the tradition going. And go we will.

      We will start off the season with our featured guest, the incredible
      Karen Mullally. Karen is a powerful vocalist, songwriter, and
      kickin' guitar player whose unique blend of folk, pop/rock, blues,
      and country is influenced by the art of Melissa Etheridge, Indigo
      Girls, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan and Bonnie Raitt. Featuring tunes from
      her first and soon-to-be-released second CD, her expressive vocals
      and outstanding guitar work will dazzle.

      We will also feature you, as either performer or audience member.
      Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs, poems, prose,
      instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 9:30 with an
      intermission. We do not provide a sound system, but you can bring an
      amp or cd/tape player to plug in.

      Join us at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-339-1832.
      $5 at the door.