CREATIVE VOICES - AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Eduardo Mendelievich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      CREATIVE VOICES is currently auditioning for singers in all parts for
      the 2006-2007 season. Must have serious choral experience, strong
      musicality and a passion for choral music with an edge! Creative
      Voices is a 24-voice ensemble which provides some solo and one-on-a-
      part opportunities. Conducted by Eduardo Mendelievich.

      Call 415-861-3680 or email info@... / Please mention
      which part you sing.

      More information:

      Experience the thrill of singing with the Bay Area's finest up-and-
      coming chamber choir. Enter a safe singing space where your voice and
      expression will never be held back to a uniform ensemble agenda.
      Enjoy the rich blend of 24 "singing-out" voices taking on the
      incomparable repertoire of our 2006-2007 season: Francis Poulenc (La
      Figure Humaine), Arvo Pärt (Beatitudes), John Tavener (The Lamb),
      Carlo Gesualdo's lunatic madrigals, and Creative Voices' hallmark
      repertoire: vocal tango!

      If you have a healthy and powerful voice, sharp vocal, aural and
      sight reading skills, substantial choral experience, solo potential
      and a passion for rare repertoire, we want you! If you seek to
      stimulate and share your individual talent with other top-notch
      chamber singers in a positive environment, you want to be a part of
      Creative Voices.

      Auditions consist of vocalizing, a 10-minute aural/sight reading
      exercise, and one unaccompanied solo song.

      For more information about the group, check out our recent review in
      the San Francisco Classical Voice:

      http://www.sfcv.org/arts_revs/creativevoices_6_6_06.php

      or go to our website:

      http://www.creativevoices.org

      We rehearse on Tuesday evenings in San Francisco (near Davies
      Symphony Hall).

      Rehearsals start on 9/12/06

      06-07 concert schedule at a glance:

      Concerts: 11/18; 12/9; 3/4; 3/10; 3/11; 4/1; 6/2; 6/3; 6/10
      Dress rehearsals: 12/5; 2/27; 5/29
      Retreats: 12/2; 2/24; 5/19

      We look forward to hearing from you!

      Creative Voices, New Ideas in Choral Singing