Know any good places for out-of-town groups to sing?

  • Michael Olivier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 1999
      Hey singers and fans! ("Hey Michael!")

      As a result of a continuous trickle of requests, I want to expand the
      ba-acapp web site to include resources to help out-of-town a cappella
      groups get connected during visits to the bay area.

      I need your help to compile a list of resources for these folks -- would
      you take a minute to help brainstorm a great list of helpful information?
      And if you can't think of any suggestion to make, maybe it's time to shut
      off the computer and go hear some music! :)

      Please keep responses succinct and in "list" format as much as possible.

      PLACES FRIENDLY TO A CAPPELLA?

      (Where possible please provide names and/or phone numbers.)

      * bars
      * clubs
      * coffee houses
      * street fairs & events (preferably pointers to web sites that summarize these)
      * universities
      * especially friendly street corners, parks, or other public places good
      for an impromptu show

      OTHER WAYS TO FIND SINGING OPPORTUNITIES?

      What other ways can out of town groups get hooked up? Know a good, vocal
      friendly booking agent? Event planner? Other idea? Send it in!

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Michael Olivier
      Ambassador, San Francisco Bay Area
      Contemporary A Cappella Society of America (CASA)
      http://www.dnai.com/~michaelo/ba-acappella/