Wanted: JAZZY SOPRANOS!

  • Jackie Pettus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006
      The High Seas, an all woman vocal jazz octet, is looking for musical
      needles in the haystack...sopranos who love to sing jazz!

      Yacht Club in San Francisco. We've been performing challenging,
      original SSAA arrangements of standard and "not so standard" jazz
      tunes for over ten years. We perform both a cappella and accompanied
      (piano or trio), at numerous Bay Area and St. Francis Yacht Club events.

      The positions available are soprano 1 (lead), soprano 2, and alto 1.
      Candidates should have a love of vocal jazz, sight reading ability,
      excellent pitch, good stage presence and the ability to sing without
      vibrato. You must be able to attend weekly Monday night rehearsals,
      7-9 PM at the St. Francis Yacht Club, as well as performances and
      occasional extra rehearsals. We're looking for a good blend with the
      group, vocal and otherwise.

      Auditions will be held Monday, June 12, 2006 from 7-9 p.m. at the St.
      Francis Yacht Club. In addition to singing two numbers with the
      group, auditioners are asked to prepare a solo. Music and tapes for
      the group numbers will be provided beforehand.

      For more information, audition materials or to schedule an audition,
      contact Jackie Edenholm Pettus: jackie.pettus@..., (415)
      221-3518.