July 8 charity gig

  • larry
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 11:35 AM
      Recruiting for a charity gig, July 8, 2006 in Redwood City, mid-afternoon:

      Redwood Church http://rwchurch.sanmateo.org/ sponsors an annual trip
      to Mexico by their youth group with http://www.casabuilders.org in
      order to build homes for the poor. Smorgaschord
      http://smorgaschord.com/ invites musical groups to contact us about
      participating in a charity event to raise money for this trip. We've
      sung for this group before and they are very supportive. We'd like to
      put together two musical sets, one by Smorgaschord and another
      45-minute set by another group or groups. The youth-group leaders show
      a 15-minute slide show of pictures from the previous year's building
      between musical sets, and there is a bake sale. Again, this unpaid
      gig is on July 8, starting mid-afternoon (we can move the start time
      around a bit, if that helps). We can work things out if you want a
      smaller chunk of time. Come on and gig!

      Larry Hamel
      Smorgaschord