Acappella on local radio tonight!

  • Phil DeBar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 12:01 PM
      Hello singers,

      Tonight from 8-10 p.m., (Pacific DT/USA) I'm hosting a special show
      featuring some of the groups competing in the Harmony Sweepstakes a cappella
      national contest finals, happening tomorrow night at 8 p.m. Marin Civic
      Center in San Rafael, CA.

      I'll also have some Swingle Singers and barbershop recordings to offer as
      gifts for new members of KRCB-FM public radio.

      KRCB-FM is on 90.9 -fm east of Hwy 101.. and 91.1 -fm everywhere else in
      Sonoma County.

      If you have Comcast digital cable TV, KRCB-FM is on Channel 961 throughout
      the Bay Area.

      We also stream live online at http://www.krcb.org/listen/listen.html

      Other regular KRCB-FM programs of interest to singers are:

      The Choir Loft ...Sundays 10-11 a.m. Choral music, hosted by Sonoma State
      Univ. music Prof. Robert Worth;

      Harmonia..Sundays 9-10 a.m. Frequently featuring choral music, from the
      Early Music Institute of Indiana University;

      St. Paul Sunday..Sundays 11-noon Frequently featuring choral groups, from
      Minnesota Public Radio.

      So tune in tonight and sample the sonorous bounty of a-cappella, from
      Swingles to gospel to doo-wop to barbershop!

      And call 707-584-2020 to join our great station and pick up an a-cappella CD
      as a thank-you gift. Here's the list:

      Swingle Singers -- 40th Anniversary Show (2 copies)

      Swingle Singers -- Mood Swings (2 copies)

      The Bobs -- Coaster

      The Bobs -- I-Brow Club

      Barbershop Harmony Favorites, vol. 1

      Toronto Northern Lights - Do You Hear the People Sing?

      Countdown - Time After Time (includes the madcap "18 Wheels on a Big Rig")

      elmoTHUMM -- Live

      The Idea of North -- The Sum of Us

      The Persuasions -- Sing Zappa

      The Persuasions -- Sing The Beatles

      AND - very rare - "Harmony Sweepstakes 1996" - includes m-pact! "Change In
      My Life"; plus Accidentals, Return to Zero, Harmonytryx, and Fourth Avenue.

      In harmony,

      phil debar