Smorgaschord Sat., 29 April, 5pm

  • larry
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2006
      Announcing a House Concert with Smorgaschord and Baba Shibambo on
      Saturday, April 29 at 5pm in East Palo Alto.

      Come hear a variety of live music, featuring the voices of
      Smorgaschord http://smorgaschord.com/ and the African drumming and
      vocals of Baba Shibambo http://www.shibambo.com/ , and by you, if you
      join the jam in the later hours!

      Marilyn Scott has kindly opened her house and gardens (the "House of
      Bigger Girls") to host live music on Saturday, April 29. She's even
      cooking a tasty vegetarian dinner for all who attend. Suggested
      donation of $10 goes to support Baba Shibambo's music; children
      accompanied by parents are welcome without donation.

      4pm: Doors open.
      5pm: Smorgaschord performs outside, weather permitting, otherwise indoors.
      6:30pm: Marilyn serves a simple, healthy dinner.
      Thereafter: Baba Shibambo plays a few songs, then leads an open jam
      session; if you like, bring your instrument and your dancing shoes.

      Location: Marilyn Scott's House in East Palo Alto; get address when
      you RSVP
      When: Saturday, April 29, 4:00pm
      Phone: 650-323-0334
      RSVP by: April 28

      Please RSVP: Phone Marilyn 650-323-0334 or return email to me and I'll
      tell her. Space is limited.