Auditions for Sacred & Profane, a chamber chorus

  • Dalia
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26 9:37 PM
      Auditions for Sacred & Profane, a chamber chorus
      2005-2006 Season

      Sacred & Profane has openings for voices in all sections (SATB). If
      you are an experienced singer with a healthy voice & a great attitude,
      please audition with us for the final concert of this extraordinary
      2005-2006 season.

      Our season ends in May with our Spring concert: Music of Frank Martin.
      Concerts will take place in Berkeley & San Francisco. Rehearsals are
      held on Monday evenings 7:30-10 PM in the Oakland/Piedmont Ave area.

      To schedule an audition, please call or e-mail the director, Rebecca
      Seeman
      (510) 428-2686 or seeman@....

      About Sacred & Profane
      Founded in 1977, S&P is a chamber chorus that performs a wide variety
      of a cappella choral music. Concert repertoire includes sacred &
      secular works from the middle ages to the contemporary period, drawing
      from classical, ethnic & folk traditions. We aim to provide an
      inspiring & educational experience for audiences & chorus members
      through innovative programming, intensive preparation & high quality
      performances. S&P is composed of 24 to 32 singers (SATB), each
      bringing a high level of experience & musicianship to the chorus. For
      more information about our members or auditioning for S&P go to our
      website at www.sacredprofane.org.

      May Concert: Music of Frank Martin
      First Half: Songs of Ariel
      Second Half: Messe pour double choer
      - Saturday, May 20, 8 PM: Concert in Berkeley
      - Sunday, May 21, 7 PM: Concert in San Francisco

      email (seeman@...) or phone (510-428-2686)
    • Dalia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        Auditions for Sacred & Profane, a chamber chorus 2006-2007 Season

        Sacred & Profane is looking for voices in all sections (SATB). If you
        are an experienced singer with a healthy voice & a great attitude,
        please audition with us for this extraordinary 2006 – 2007 season.

        The 2006-2007 season begins with our December concert, English
        Christmas, followed by a concert in March of French Music. Our season
        ends in May, with a Spring concert: Music of the Baltic States.
        Concerts will take place in Berkeley, Walnut Creek & San Francisco.
        Rehearsals are held on Monday evenings 7:30-10 PM at St. Leo's in
        Oakland.

        Auditions will be held on Wednesday, August 23, 7 pm to 10 pm,
        Saturday, August 26, 2 pm to 5 pm,

        To schedule an audition, please call or e-mail the director, Rebecca
        Seeman
        (510) 428-2686 or seeman@....

        About Sacred & Profane
        Founded in 1977, S&P is a chamber chorus that performs a wide variety
        of a cappella choral music. Concert repertoire includes sacred &
        secular works from the middle ages to the contemporary period, drawing
        from classical, ethnic & folk traditions. We aim to provide an
        inspiring & educational experience for audiences & chorus members
        through innovative programming, intensive preparation & high quality
        performances.

        S&P is composed of 18 to 24 singers (SATB), each bringing a high level
        of experience & musicianship to the chorus. For more information
        about our members or auditioning for S&P go to our website at
        www.sacredprofane.org.

        S&P is governed by a board of directors including both chorus &
        community members. Please get involved by joining our board!
      • Dalia
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2006
          Auditions for Sacred & Profane, a chamber chorus
          2006-2007 Season

          Sacred & Profane has openings for voices in all sections (SATB). If
          you are an experienced singer with a healthy voice & a great attitude,
          please audition with us for the final concert of this extraordinary
          2006-2007 season.

          The 2006-2007 season begins with a December concert of English
          Christmas music and in
          February we will present French choral music. Our season ends in May
          with the Spring concert: Baltic States. Concerts will take place in
          Moraga, Berkeley & San Francisco. Rehearsals are held on Monday