4 Days Till Becky Reardon in Fairfax

  • Kate Munger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2006
      BECKY REARDON
      AND THE JOY OF
      SINGING HARMONY

      SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2006
      2-5PM

      An afternoon of listening, learning,
      singing, and creating songs, celebrating the Earth
      and her seasons and our journeys
      toward belonging.

      AT THE
      FAIRFAX COMMUNITY CHURCH
      2398 SIR FRANCIS DRAKE BOULEVARD
      $30-$20 sliding scale
      You can insure your place by contacting me.
      kate@....
      http://homepage.mac.com/beckyreardon

      Rev. Sara Vurek and Becky are collaborating on the
      contemplative (more singing and meditation than talking) service
      for Sunday morning, Feb. 26th. at 10:30 am (before the concert).
      The themes will be "radical welcoming" and "belonging."
      Here are the lyrics of some of Becky's songs that we might
      sing in this service.

      ALL OF US
      (belonging to Life)
      "All of us are chosen people
      chosen by life to be alive.
      Wherever we walk is holy land,
      holy by life's returning.
      Under heaven only one true birthright,
      to create whatever we love."

      THIS
      (belonging in and to our bodies)
      "This body, this breathing, this
      This body, this breathing, this, this
      This light surrounding,
      sound and beckoning"

      I DON'T FIT
      (being different, but belonging anyway)
      "I don't fit.
      Never have, never will.
      I don't fit
      or ever even get close to it,
      but I
      belong."

      NOW IS
      (belonging in and to the present moment)
      I am here and the ground is under my feet.
      The sun and stars are holding, in the sky.
      And now is a prayer unfolding
      with no beginning
      and no ending.

      Kate Munger