California Bach Society - Do Not Repine, Fair Sun (Mar 3-5)

  • hholder0
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14 11:26 AM
      California Bach Society
      Suzanne Elder Wallace, artistic director

      March 3-5, 2006
      Orlando Gibbons & John Dowland
      Do not repine, fair sun: Music from the court of James I

      This program will highlight English anthems and consort songs from
      the court of James I, and in particular those composed for
      combinations of voices and viols. We will feature Gibbons' rarely
      performed festival verse anthem "Do not repine, fair sun," as well as
      such familiar consort songs as "The Silver Swan" and "The dark is my
      delight." A rare showcase of this period's unique treasures.

      Friday, March 3, 2006, 8 pm
      St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 2300 Bancroft Way, Berkeley

      Saturday, March 4, 2006, 8 pm
      All Saints' Episcopal Church, 555 Waverley Street, Palo Alto

      Sunday, March 5, 2006, 4 pm
      St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, 500 DeHaro Street, SF

      Tickets: General $25 / Senior $18 / Student $10
      Phone: 415.262.0272 - Web site: www.calbach.org
      Pre-concert lectures begin 45 minutes before each performance and are
      free to all ticket holders.