New Hookslide CD: Bump It Up

  • Jon Pilat
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      We've just gotten the first copies of our 2nd full-length studio album
      Bump It Up, and we think all of you should hear (and purchase) it. Sound
      clips of the new album are available here.

      Hookslide is a four-person vocal band based out of the San Francisco Bay
      Area, and we sing a mix of original and cover music, the best of which
      we've recorded on this CD. This album has a 70's funk/groove feel to it,
      as opposed to our more eclectic and pop-y first album, Original Spin. If
      you don't have Original Spin, you should buy that one too.

      We'll be making these albums available via a-cappella.com and cdbaby.com
      as soon as we get the main shipment in--I'll update this thread with links
      once they're in stock.

      Track List:
      Whatcha Wanna Do (original by Paul Anderson)
      Long Train Running (Doobie Brothers)
      Way Past Down (original by Paul Anderson)
      Ride (Chris Robinson and the New Earth Mud)
      Superfriend (original by Paul Anderson & Jon Pilat)
      No Quarter (Led Zeppelin)
      Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder)
      Two Ways Out (original by Mayank Thanawala)
      Try a Little Tenderness (Otis Redding)
      Love You Madly (Cake)
      Mr. Funky (original by Paul Anderson & Mayank Thanawala)
      Disco Inferno (The Trammps)
      I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth)
      Apache Wedding Prayer (trad., music Mayank Thanawala)

      check it out. BUMP IT UP!

      --
      jon pilat
      bass&beatbox, hookslide...................http://www.hook-slide.com