Women & Song/New Sessions

  • DJ Hamouris
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2005
      Women & Song ­ Thursdays, 7-8:30pm
      Session I: 1/5 to 2/9; Session II: 2/23 to 3/30

      Join this fun group of women, singing together to strengthen our voices and
      spirits! We will learn some easy tunes & rounds, focusing on good technique
      and building harmony skills. Sessions include warm-ups, vocal harmony
      exercises, and lots of spirited laughter.

      Our songs are drawn from earth-based and indigenous traditions, bringing us
      closer to the natural world and our love for all life. Bring a friend, or
      make new ones, while expressing your creative self in song.

      New members are asked to make at least 4 meetings of their first session.
      Returning singers are welcome to drop in with advance notice ‹ just call
      ahead!

      Music Director, Deborah ³DJ² Hamouris, has a BA in Music and performs
      locally with Moonrise (a women¹s folk trio) and her jazz trio. She brings a
      lifetime of musical training and compassion to lead Women & Song. For
      performance and class schedules go to www.ninshibar.com.

      To register email (ninshibar@...) or call 510/595-3915.

      Oakland location near Ashby BART (call for directions)
      Suggested donation: $5-$15 per rehearsal (no one turned away for lack of
      funds)
      Bring hand percussion if you want.