Artists' Vocal Ensemble: Last Christmas Concert of the Season!

  • C.D. Winant
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2005
      AVE (Artists' Vocal Ensemble)
      invites you to a Choral Concert
      on the last concert day of the season, Friday, Dec. 23
      8:00 p.m., St. Ignatius Church

      O Magnum Mysterium:

      A Renaissance Christmas in Italy and England

      Music of Victoria, Phillips, Tallis (closing his 500th birthday
      year), di Lasso, Croce, Palestrina, Nestor, and Plainsong

      Poetry of T. S. Eliot, read by Stephen Myers

      In the spectacular Christmas ambience of St. Ignatius Church
      corner of Fulton and Parker, San Francisco

      Singers: Tonia d'Amelio, Helen Holder, Carol Kessler, Allison Zelles
      Lloyd, Phoebe Alexander, Shira Kammen, Suzanne Elder Wallace,
      Celeste Winant, Ben Ludwig, Keith Perry, Ed Betts, Raymond Martinez,
      Donald Ziff, Ari Nieh

      Instrumental accompaniment: Shira Kammen and Jonathan Dimmock

      Jonathan Dimmock, Director

      Please join us for the first concert of our second season

      (A review from our first season can be read at
      http://www.sfcv.org/arts_revs/ave_2_1_05.php)

      $20 Admission