2006 Season Auditions - SFRenaissance Voices

  • Seventh Avenue Performances
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2005
      San Francisco Renaissance Voices (SFRV) is currently auditioning ALL VOICE PARTS for both its core and extra chorus for its 2006 Season:

      February 25, 2006 - Issac/Missa Virgo Prudentissima
      July 29, 2006 - Dufay/Missa L'homme arme
      October 28, 2006 - Ockeghem/Requiem

      Our positions are paid based on a cut of the house receipts from each performance. You should have experience singing at the professional or "near professional" level and be comfortable singing 2 voices to a part. Early music "straight tone" is preferred but not required. Rehearsals schedule is being set and rehearsals are held at Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church (1329 Seventh Avenue between Irving and Judah Streets on the NJudah or 6Parnassus Muni line) in San Francisco. To be considered for an audition, contact us at sfrvoices@... with a brief description about your interest, your voice part, and a description of your singing experience/musical background.

      SFRV are Artists-in-Residence with Seventh Avenue Performances and made its debut in 2004 with a sold-out performance of Victoria's Requiem. Our concerts feature rarely performed choral works from the Renaissance and in 2005 the group began "The Polyphony Project", a five year program exploring Renaissance music by dedicating a year to each of the major Renaissance "schools"; during 2006 we perform music from the "Early Franco-Flemish School". Learn more about us at: www.sfrv.org.