A Concert to Mend a Broken Heart

  • Job Tamanaha
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2005
      I'm not exactly sure about the appropriateness of this message for this news group; it's about a cappella, the Bay Area, and a broken heart. If it is inappropriate, I am sorry.

      I am in need of music to win back the love of my wife. For two and a half years I was out of work and all financial responsibility fell on my wife's shoulders. This took it's toll on her emotionally and physically. To make matters worse, we suffered a miscarriage that ultimately brought us closer together, but at the same time broke our hearts. When I finally found a job, my wife's resolve was shattered as was her faith in me as a husband and provider. I have apologized and assured her that what happened in the past will never happen again, but sometimes words alone cannot heal the wounds in the deeper chambers of the heart, and she is now leaving me.

      I am trying to arrange for a small concert for my wife to show her how sorry I am and how much I love her.

      My wife's favorite a cappella group is m-pact. I have contacted them to determine the possibility of them singing a song for my wife, but I am not certain if I have the resources to make it happen. I am writing to you for ideas as to how I can make this small concert possible.

      I have also contacted the Bay Area-based Hookslide as my wife loved their music as well. If you have any ideas of any other a cappella groups that I can contact, or if you are a member of a group who would be willing to help me mend my wife's broken heart, please let me know. I will be forever in your debt.

      Any ideas are appreciated. And, of course, if a concert does happen, all of you are invited.

      Sincerely,

      Job Tamanaha