Chorale Seasons of Christmas CD!

  • Sonja Wohlgemuth
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2005
      Cantabile Chorale is pleased and excited to announce the release of our
      first commercial recording, The Seasons of Christmas.

      Created from recording sessions held just after our highly successful
      Seasons of Christmas concerts last December, the CD includes 18 selections
      of Renaissance and contemporary anthems with Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany
      texts. This program of less-frequently-heard "Christmas" music will make a
      wonderful addition to your CD collection as well as an ideal gift for all of
      your family and friends.

      Beautifully packaged with complete notes and translations, this recording is
      something we are VERY proud of, and anxious to share with our devoted
      audiences. You can order your copies now, from the Cantabile office, and we
      will also have them available at our concerts in November. Be the first on
      your block to own this superb recording!

      You can buy it directly from our website: www.cantabile.org or send your
      check (payable to Cantabile)
      Cantabile Choral Guild
      953 Industrial Ave, Suite 118
      Palo Alto, CA 94303
      650-424-1410 Phone
      650-424-1430 Fax
      www.cantabile.org

      They make great Christmas presents!

      THE SEASONS OF CHRISTMAS

      old and new music for advent, christmas & epiphany

      Advent

      1 Nova! Nova! Bob Chilcott
      b. 1955

      2 Ne timeas, Maria Tomás Luis de
      Victoria 1548–1611

      3 O Come, O Come, Emmanuel 13th-century plainsong

      Marc Cooper, tenor
      (arr. Joseph Jennings)

      4 There Is No Rose 15th-century
      English

      Diana Landau, soprano

      Stephen Kispersky, tenor

      5 Ave maris stella Trond Kverno
      b. 1945

      6 A Spotless Rose Herbert
      Howells 1892–1983

      David Miller, baritone

      Christmas

      7 Verbum caro factum est Hans Leo Hassler
      1564–1612

      8 Hodie Christus natus est Healey Willan
      1880–1968

      9 Pastores loquebantur Francisco Guerrero
      1528–1599

      10 El Noi de la Mare Traditional
      Catalán

      Karen Robinson, alto (arr.
      Enrique Ribo)

      11 Quem vidistis, pastores? Andrea Gabrieli
      1510–1586

      12 Sing Lullaby Herbert
      Howells

      13 O magnum mysterium Sanford Dole b. 1955

      14 Mirabile mysterium Jacob Handl
      1550-1591

      15 The Carol of the Birds Traditional
      Spanish