East Bay Harmony Concert Posting

  • Nicole Rose
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Here�s a special opportunity to check us out !!!!
      Our annual Friends & Family concert is November 13th, 4:00pm in Oakland.

      ALL VOICES are invited to join East Bay Harmony, an Oakland-based community
      a cappella chorus. This is a great time to join as we are about to start
      learning our new repertoire of songs.

      - No auditions - all adults welcome!
      - No music reading skill required (helpful practice CDs provided)
      - Fun, friendly people
      - Repertoire is all a cappella (no instrumental accompaniment)

      East Bay Harmony is an a cappella community chorus, currently about 35
      voices strong, that rehearses weekly in Oakland and is open to all adults.
      We exist to promote the fun of singing together and building community
      through singing. We also perform periodically around the Bay Area.

      As mentioned above, our repertoire is all a cappella, and generally consists
      of a combination of contemporary pop and rock, doo-wop, world music, jazz,
      some rounds, and whatever people suggest (choosing repertoire is a pretty
      democratic process). We don't generally sing classical music, although we'll
      throw in a fun madrigal from time to time. Samples of songs we've sung can
      be found at our website (see below).

      Rehearsal info (drop in anytime!):

      WHEN: Monday nights from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
      WHERE: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 114 Montecito Ave. in Oakland (near
      where Harrison St. meets Grand Ave., right next to Lake Merritt).

      We're not affiliated with the church; we just rent space there.

      For more information, either:

      - Check out our website: http://www.eastbayharmony.org
      - Call Marlene at (510) 649-1295 or Mark at (510) 547-4597