MALE SINGERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

  • Greg Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      The Stanford Savoyards are seeking

      TENORS AND BASSES/BARITONES

      for their November 2005 performance of

      Gilbert & Sullivan's

      THE MIKADO

      PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:

      Friday & Saturday, November 11-12, 8 pm curtain.
      Friday & Saturday, November 18-19, 8 pm curtain.
      Sunday, November 20, 2:30 pm curtain.

      All of the performances will be in the Dinkelspiel Auditorium on the Stanford campus. This is a fully-staged performance of The Mikado with full orchestra.

      WHO WE NEED:

      Singers of all ages and experience levels are encouraged to audition. Here are the roles we are casting:

      - NANKI-POO (Son of the Mikado, disguised as a wandering minstrel) (Tenor)
      - PISH-TUSH (A Noble Lord) (Bass/Baritone)
      - Male singers of all ages for the CHORUS (Tenor-Baritone/Bass)

      ALSO NEEDED:

      Love the theater? Want to get involved in a big production? We are also recruiting orchestra members, set builders, production assistants, publicity people, graphic artists, and other production staff. Tell us what you�re interested in, and we�ll find a place for you.

      REHEARSAL SCHEDULE:

      Rehearsals will begin on October 2 and will be held Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays 7-10pm, and Saturdays 11-2pm. Not every cast member will be called to all rehearsals; a detailed schedule will be provided as soon as possible. Additional rehearsals and work hours will be called during the week before performances (�Tech Week�) for stage load-in and dress rehearsals. This is the week of November 6 and it is crucial that everyone be available then.

      All cast members are expected to commit 8 hours of their time helping the crew in set building, costuming, load-ins, or other fun stagecraft activities.

      PRODUCTION STAFF:

      David Euresti, Director
      Greg Anderson, Music Director
      Amy Sundberg, Vocal Director

      TO AUDITION:

      Send e-mail to Greg Anderson at greg@..., or give him a call at (408) 393-1540.

      ABOUT THE STANFORD SAVOYARDS:

      Now in our 32nd year, the Savoyards are a group of Stanford students, alumni and community volunteers who present two fully-staged operettas each year. The music is fun, the people are fun, and the audiences have a great time. As a student organization, we can't offer you any pay, but there's a great party after each and every performance!

      ABOUT THE MIKADO:

      Raised from lowly tailor to the exalted rank of Lord High Executioner, Ko-Ko is plagued by a terrible quandary: the Mikado has instructed him to produce a head - or forfeit his own. He thinks he�s found a volunteer in Nanki-Poo, a young wandering minstrel who agrees to be executed in one month�s time, if Ko-Ko will let him marry his beautiful young ward Yum-Yum.

      But Katisha, an elderly lady of the Mikado�s court, has other plans for Nanki-Poo, and plots to spoil the fun by exposing Nanki-Poo�s secret identity. Of course this is only the beginning of much Gilbert & Sullivan topsy-turvy fun.

      The Mikado is the most enduringly popular of all the Gilbert & Sullivan operettas and is an effervescent musical delight. It includes the famous songs Three Little Maids From School, A Wandering Minstrel I, and The Mikado�s Song (Let The Punishment Fit The Crime).

      This production is a wonderful opportunity to appear in a fully staged performance of a classic musical entertainment.